Sims 4 - New Patch Update

Recently us Simmers have received a new game update to prepare us for the new expansion pack Island Living coming out tomorrow. Who's excited for this pack?

The pack also has brought us some inclusive items to celebrate Gay Pride collaborating with the It Gets Better Project. This including new pride clothing expressing the rainbow in us, gender neutral bathrooms, the iconic rainbow pride flag as well as other pride related flags to use decorating our lots. Not only has this been released to the main Sims 4 game, this has also been implemented in Sims Mobile and Sims Freeplay.

The new patch also bring us the much awaited trait randomiser for the lazy CAS player like myself. This will come in so handy when creating Sims, they won't all have the same traits anymore. With the release of Island Living coming right around the corner, lounge chairs are back and in base game, if you aren't purchasing the new expansion pack. I used to use lounge chairs all the time in Sims 2, now sure why myself but I really enjoyed them for some reason.

Build mode also has stilt foundations which can be used for building about water (in the new game) but will also be useful in builds on elevated terrains. This will also be useful in the build I'm currently working on. Even more exciting news is the new swatches that have been added to the game, the Sims Team may have gone slightly overboard but I'm not complaining. 350 new swatches for doors - absolutely brilliant. Something I never really use has been made more accessible ceiling fans, they are now functional and not a decoration - they now cool sims down (although, they should've worked from the start).

Our lots also have new traits and they are such as 'Off the Grid' which is a highly request trait for a lot of players. This can now be added to my off the grid build so I am so excited to be able to add this to my build. Have you ever been to any Mediterranean countries? (...although this can be applied to others) If you have a lot of seaside areas do have a nudist section where many Conservative folk find awkward, the Sims have added a nude trait where your sims can get naked (...cue pixelated censor, unless you have the wicked whims)

Toddlers have also been improved, their needs are maintained whilst they are at day care and swimming nappies have been added for Seasons and Island Living players to make the most of the kiddie pool. Speaking of pools, a new action has been added for children and upwards - Sims can now lie back and float - letting everything drift away. Pools may also cause some embarrassing moments - who doesn't love embarrassing their sims? I certainly do before leading up to their untimely deaths - RIP!

They have also introduced part time jobs for young adults up to elders so they are no longer just for teens. Maybe this will stop me from cheating so much in game. I hate sending my sims to work, I just love controlling my Sims all day. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sims 4 CC Haul - Furniture (includes links)